The Microsoft Solutions Architect supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions and helps existing clients architect and implement solutions using the Microsoft suite of technologies. The Microsoft Architect collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure technical solutions accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The Principal Architect is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported and the implementation of cloud solutions. The position will also be responsible for the architectural design, implementation, and engineering of solutions for clients on project-based work.
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Manage partner relationships with Microsoft and other partners in the Microsoft ecosystem
- Work with the industry to identify new trends and solutions to customer problems.
- Evangelize new products and solutions to the sales team, organization, and customers.
- Work onsite with clients to implement the Microsoft platform and solutions.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- Broad experience implementing Office 365, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Communications
- Must have one or more certifications from Microsoft
- Experience working in hybrid multi-vendor cloud and on premise environments
- Experience working with application teams to migrate systems to Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Communications
- Comprehensive experience engineering Windows Server, Windows 10, Active Directory, and Exchange Server in a large enterprise
- Strong knowledge of networking, security, and compliance standards
- Experience in working in complex, high traffic digital environments
- Experience with Azure a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of management from C level to engineers