We are seeking an experienced Senior Geotechnical Project Manager or Project Manager. You will have a passion for solving even the most complex client problems and experienced with working in a professional environment. Your problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture. This position could be based out of the east bay or San Jose.
- Serve as a key member of the "core" geotechnical team to provide long-term strategic thinking for a highly-integrated, collaborative, and mutually-motivated client/consultant team to safely and efficiently achieve site closures.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate team supporting a wide variety of clients with numerous challenging projects.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
- Possess skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings
- Have advanced knowledge of the California seismic landscape and proven skills of developing hazard mitigation measures required.
- Have experience specific to mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Geology strongly preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Geology with specific course-work in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer preferred or Certified Engineering Geologist.
- 10+ years of relevant site investigation, geotechnical analysis, and geotechnical engineering construction support experience, including professional services consulting experience
- Proven client relationships supported by repeat business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, review, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.