We are looking for a creative professional with a geotechnical engineering background to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary teams focused on government buildings, DDOT and VDOT projects. Additionally, you will be a self-motivated problem solver with high attention to detail capable of working with minimal direction to solve problems and create technically accurate deliverables.
- Personally engage in developing and executing strategic geotechnical engineering consulting work with identified existing and target clients totaling at least $750,000 in net revenue annually.
- Actively participate in at least one professional organization focused on the market area and/or issues faced by our clients.
- Have a passion and demonstrated success for developing business with new clients and continuing to foster trusted relationships with existing clients.
- Execute and oversee geotechnical engineering consulting projects, acting as the main client contact for any work attained.
- Oversee the safe execution of all phases of a project to meet the client’s objectives, as well as company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
- Demonstrate strong technical competence in the services required by the client.
- Develop annual client action plans, estimate client revenue and profits to support strategy deployment, and lead pursuits with project team members.
- In cooperation with other offices and senior management, develop and implement business strategies to meet stated business metric goals for our Mid-Atlantic market (DE, MD, DC, and VA).
- Manage all phases and aspects of projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Prepare proposals and project reports/deliverables.
- Maintain authorized contracts, prepare Project Management Plans (PMPs), and manage contract changes in accordance with company standards.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Coordinate staff/resource assignments.
- Mentor staff through a “learn-by-doing” model.
- Coordinate with client representatives and external stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering with a focus in geotechnical engineering.
- More than 12 years of experience in strategic geotechnical engineering consulting in greater Washington, DC/Northern Virginia market.
- A minimum of 3 years in a project management role.
- Professional engineering registration (PE in DC, VA or MD).
- Established relationships with government agencies/owners and A/E firms in the greater Washington, DC area with a preference for VDOT experience.
- Demonstrated track record of selling $750,000 in annual net revenues for consulting work.
- Strong track record of:- developing and maintaining client relationships; and- recruiting and mentoring staff in support of business growth and service delivery goals.
- Experience in designing and executing subsurface investigations, engineering analyses and preparation of contract documents for major public projects delivered through both design/bid/build or design/build methods.
- Ability to work successfully in a single profit center, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives, and client expectations.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Some travel to support other offices may be required.