As a Data Scientist you will develop and innovates machine learning systems to drive customer growth, product development, and content experience. Additionally, you will be located within commuting distance of the Dallas Metropolitan area.
- Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize statistical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, and optimization for multiple business domains across IBD including marketing, product, content, ad sales, and customer success.
- Identify, define, and evaluate key metrics and underlying drivers of positive user experience and subscriber growth.
- Develop marketing attribution systems and user conversion, churn, and LTV models to inform marketing acquisition and CRM programs.
- Build ranking and recommendation algorithms for personalized user experience.
- Develop and operationalize predictive models for smart paywall to drive positive user experience and acquisition efficiency.
- Analyze complex structured and unstructured data to prototype and deploy predictive models, forecasting, optimization, and recommendation engines.
- Work closely with business stakeholders across multiple departments to identify data science opportunities and develop effective solutions.
- Partner with engineering team to integrate new data sources, and to develop scalable and automated machine learning systems.
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity.
- Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner.
- Challenge conventional practices and use creativity and information to lead, innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas to contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Collaborates with co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Take personal responsibility for productivity, quality, and timeliness of work.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, etc.)
- 3+ years of work experience in Data Science, Predictive, and Advanced Analytics, experience in digital subscription business preferred
- Strong machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modeling expertise, such as SVM, random forests, boosting, clustering, NLP, neural networks
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, Spark, Hadoop)
- Proficiency in one or multiple machine learning/statistical languages (Python, R, Scala)
- An R&D mindset with the ability to dive into ambiguous projects and extract learnings that deliver business value and identify opportunities for innovative data solutions
- Ability to create proofs of concept and run experiments, making appropriate trade-offs between performance and complexity
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses and algorithms to untechnical audiences
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment