Located in San Diego, we are searching for an Environmental Manager. This position will ensure compliance with federal, state and local requirements, Company standards and the implementation and oversight for high risk control programs.
The successful candidate will be a developed professional able to train and develop others in a moderately complex manufacturing environment.
- Air, waste, wastewater and storm water compliance programs, training and other tasks such as maintaining records, management advisory, and preparation of internal and external reports and agency inspections. Implementation of an EHS Management Systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with leadership and employees to make them aware of the EHS controls and requirements in the surrounding work environment and provide them with recommendations to work in a compliant manner.
- Serves as a technical resource to Company in complex areas of EHS compliance, engineering, and training.
- Train, develop and manage EH&S employees who write, review, update and implement EHS programs, procedures, reports and training as required by Company Policy and all Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies.
- Inspect, audit, assess and sample all facility activities related to insuring environmental compliance as required by law and directed by the Plant Manager and Company policy.
- Follow the EH&S Management System and working in a team environment to drive corporate initiatives, analyze and assess trend data, and facilitate relevant Environmental training.
- Assist in the development of environmental policies and procedures to insure the continuous improvement of EHS programs in the plant, including management systems. Train, coach and mentor others to improve their EHS effectiveness.
- Investigates incidents and near misses to determine root cause and provides corrective action that eliminates repeat occurrences.
- Develops, coordinates and presents training programs for EHS related subjects required by federal, state, local and company requirements.
- May act as the facility liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Uses the Lean tools to make improvements to the EHS management systems.
- Interacts with employees on a daily bases to promote relationships, learn the task employees perform and be known as a resource to the employees at the facility.
- Participate in CV Operations Weekend Duty Management Rotation as Duty Team Leader. Attend daily 6:00 Management Meetings. Attend weekly overtime meetings.
- At least 1+ year of leadership experience
- Due to ITAR, all applicants must be US Citizens or current Green Card holders/ Permanent Residents
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning EH&S
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with machine safe-guarding, lock-out/tag-out, and emergency response.
- Knowledge of chemical processing and EPA and DOT regulations
- Experience with Worker's Compensation and OSHA record keeping tasks
- Knowledge of applicable ISO and OSHA standards
- Experience creating and presenting EH&S training, such as Apollo, TapRooT, root cause analysis, etc
- Local applicants preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TPS
- Experience with emergency response/evacuation planning
- BS in Environmental Health & Safety or related field and 6+ years relevant EH&S experience required.