Your primary focus will be to learn and apply standard procedures for monitoring and alerting via the ticketing system of Customer data stored on the cloud hosted security operations platform.
- Under the direction of the Global Operations Manager, maintain a dedicated monitoring environment by supporting system and software installation, including third party products
- Learn, document and continually enforce system and monitoring standards for the United States based cloud hosted Intrusion Detection System
- Work a designated shift to support the 24x7x365 telephone availability required to monitor and alert on forensic and malware analysis related to the identified security event(s)
- Collect sensor event activity via 24x7x365 monitoring, management, and alerting services
- Escalate and notify via email, a ticket in the Project Management software, a phone call, and/or a text of security events/malicious activity, as directed
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain secure physical location by adhering to established policies and procedures for access to the Global Operations Center
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Process Customer Care tickets and assign internal resources to respond and resolve external networking and email issues for Customers, as assigned.
- The Engineer will download and summarize the device log data gathered by the Security collection device and transported to the software on a cloud hosted security operations platform. The data is parsed, normalized, correlated, and prioritized. The security events are categorized based on the severity level.
- The Engineer will apply monitoring protocols based on Customer defined scope, perform additional analysis to determine whether the event is a false positive, and will provide Customer with a description of the event and any contextual information.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends and travel periodically to customer locations and industry events
- Excellent analytical, verbal, organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team in a round-the-clock (24/7) operational environment
- Dependable and punctual – must show up on time and actively participate as work schedule dictates
- Strong individual performance traits showing responsiveness, patience, and professionalism when dealing with system-generated and customer prompted alerts and questions
- Familiarity with network and security technologies, including FireEye, Cisco, Juniper, etc.
- Basic knowledge of process development, key performance indicators, “KPI” tracking and reporting
- Aptitude and desire to learn network and security services in a controlled environment
- High School diploma and entry level college courses in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 1 year of industry experience in enterprise LAN /WAN managed network and security services in lieu of college courses