We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Environmental Specialist located outside San Antonio. In this role you will partner with manufacturing areas and Site management to ensure EH&S regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations and alignment with EH&S standard practices. Additionally, you will maintain and update site EH&S procedures, conduct personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments and assist in PPE Selection and perform machine guarding assessments.
- Participate or Lead EHS Subcommittees to conduct risk assessments (job hazard analyses) and ergonomic workstation assessments.
- Participate and support the site Contractor Safety Program.
- Lead training on various EH&S Topics (EH&S General Awareness, Lockout/Tagout and Permit Required Confined Space Entry)
- Assess and maintain site EH&S Training record database.
- Maintain Hazard Communication Chemical List / Safety Data Sheets and Qualitative Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessment.
- Prepare offsite clinic forms and maintain medical record files and spreadsheets for Forklift Physicals, Respirator Physicals, Respirator Fit Tests and Audiograms conducted at offsite clinics.
- Ensure all elements of site respirator program are met.
- Participate on site team to implement noise reduction projects.
- Coordinate consultant execution of Industrial Hygiene Air Sampling Program.
- You will lead local exhaust ventilation testing program.
- Assist EH&S Manager in maintaining site compliance with Laser Safety Laws and Ionizing Radiation Safety Regulations.
- Open to learn and assist with the environmental regulation compliance program, and with the Site Waste Management Program.
- Support monthly data collection of waste generation, water usage, energy usage and manipulation of data in Excel spreadsheets for periodic corporate reporting.
- Support monthly collection of process information and preparation of monthly air emissions recordkeeping spreadsheets.
- Along with management, you'll act as an EH&S liaison with employees at the site.
- This role reports to the Site EHS Manager.
- Provide advice, consultation, and technical expertise on safe regulation, working conditions and healthful work environments.
- Assess and conduct accident investigations and job safety analysis
- Recommend and implement necessary actions to ensure the safety and health of all employees, customers and visitors as well as compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Actively participate in Site Emergency drills. Develop, coordinate and present training programs for safety and health related subjects.
- Responsible for interfacing with managers and employees to make them aware of the hazards in the surrounding work environment and provide them with recommendations to work safely and minimize the hazards.
- Manage personal protective equipment program.
- Provide emergency first aid care as needed, as a member of the First Aid Team.
Bachelors Degree in Science or Engineering, with 5+ years of progressive related experience