We are searching for a Virtualization Engineer.
You will possess at 7+ years of experience with VMware. Additionally, you should be experienced with UCS, NetApp, hyper-converged technologies and cloud architecture including AWS and/or Azure. This is a hands-on role that includes experience with storage architecture, design and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Understanding of IT architecture and Data Center environments
- Complimentary skillsets preferred (Backup, Virtualization, Networking)
- Expertise in managing Linux and Windows server - SAN volume management (LVM, storage foundation, Windows storage management).
- Understands how to perform migrations and cutovers for large environments and performed them as a lead including required documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Strong scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and oral Desired Skills
- Experience in Storage Consolidation, Backup and Recovery, and Disaster Recovery.
- Understanding of databases from a storage provisioning perspective – Oracle, MSSQL
- Performed array migrations in the past from differing storage vendors
- Working knowledge of InfoScale
- 7+ years of experience with Storage, including NetApp, UCS and AWS/Azure
- Current experienced with VMware and VSAN
- Converged solutions, including: Nutanix, EMC and HPE
- Five+ years of storage architecture, design and implementation
- Deep understanding of FC – Switches, host connectivity, configurations and migrations in both Cisco and Brocade
- Azure preferred
- Break-fix experience preferred