The Virtualization Architect supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions and helps existing clients’ architects and implement solutions using On Prem or public cloud solutions. The Infrastructure Architect collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure technical solutions accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The PA is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported and the implementation of cloud solutions. The position will also be responsible for the architecting, implementation, and engineering of solutions for clients on project-based work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Works deals assigned to the sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Manage partner relationships in the public cloud space and infrastructure.
- Work with the industry to identify new trends and solutions to customer problems.
- Evangelize new products and solutions to the sales team, organization, and customers.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- Experience working in multi-vendor sever and storage platforms
- Experience defining and architecting solutions leveraging VMWare (vSOM, NSX, vSAN)
- Experience working with application teams to migrate systems to a virtual environment – either on prem or cloud
- Comprehensive experience engineering Linux or Windows Server in a large enterprise
- Experience working with Cisco UCS, Dell, and HPE computer platforms
- Experience with storage platforms in both on premise (ie NetApp, Dell EMC, Pure) or in cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of hyper converged infrastructure such as VXRail, Nutanix
- Working knowledge of networking, security, and compliance standards
- Experience in working in complex, high traffic digital environments
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of management from C level to engineers
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies is preferred but not required